Topic

Home 2 Forums Teach Hoops Forum Ask Coach Collins & Questions Defensive Pressure/Dribble Drive Sets

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ccoble21 1 month ago.

• Author

Ccoble21
    Participant

Coach,

I have recently joined Teach Hoops and been a long time listener of your podcast. Probably have listened to your 20 Keys to Winning episode and some of your interviews 10 times. I had a couple questions for you if you have time.

1) I have a fairly athletic high school girls team in Kentucky and am able to play up to a 9 player rotation so I want to continue our full court man-to-man press. I also wanted to be able to drop back into a packline half court man defense due to the inability of our district opponents to shoot consistently well from the perimeter. Is this something you’ve see done (think could work well?) or do you think the play is to stay with pressure at all times?

2) Over the next few years we will lose some of our depth, but will be a bigger, longer team. I have thought about throwing in a
    1-2-1-1 press to change things up, but also to prepare our team to run something else in the future. What are your thoughts?

3) We run the dribble-drive and I know you run the read-and-react. How much other stuff do run out of it (isolation plays, multiple quick hitters)? We try to continuously push the tempo so ours is pretty free flowing.

Thanks coach. Sorry for all the questions

Cory Coble
    Trigg County High School
    Girls Basketball

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.